Title: Guest Services Coordinator
Location: Ronald McDonald House/ Salt Lake City, UT & Ronald McDonald Family Room/ Salt Lake City, UT
Reports to: Guest Services Manager & Family Room Manager
Classification: Regular, full-time, non-exempt
Hours: As determined by supervisor, and will include weekend shifts
Compensation: $12.00/hour + benefits
This position assists with the daily operations at two locations: the Ronald McDonald House and Ronald McDonald Family Room at Intermountain Primary Children’s Hospital. The coordinator role is responsible for delivering exceptional guest service by overseeing front desk operations, completing daily tasks and maintaining a welcoming, clean and calm environment for families. Because this position works at two locations, flexibility and relationship building with staff members and volunteers will be crucial to the success of this role. In addition, this person will be responsible for various additional duties as assigned by the Guest Services Manager or Family Room Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist in the delivery and continuity of guest services at both locations, including but not limited to:
- Answering the telephone and directing calls and messages appropriately
- Following check-in and check-out procedures for the location
- Ensuring guidelines are followed and rules are enforced as needed
- Communicating with hospital social workers regarding family referrals and room availability as needed
- Providing tours to guests, donors and volunteer groups
- Assigning guest rooms in database
- Monitoring kitchen area; cleaning, making coffee, restocking kitchen, organizing food donations
- Complete and file paperwork appropriately
- Handle guest communications, including available event tickets and meals
- Obtain accurate and complete information regarding donations received and donor names, address, etc.
Participating in inventory counts and controls
- Enter guest information in Family Registry and maintain hard copies of guest files (Ronald McDonald House)
- Obtain accurate pre-registration info from social workers at the hospital and guest registration upon arrival (Ronald McDonald Family Room)
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare a daily summary of shift activities for the Guest Services Manager/Family Room Manager, particularly noting any incidents involving police or emergency medical assistance
- Attend department staff meetings, which are held during normal working hours
- Integral role in providing assistance and coverage during holidays, vacations, etc.
- As a programs team member, he/she will cross train with other team members
- Assist with group service volunteers, Eagle Scouts, meal groups and community service workers
- Assist with the organization of storage closets and sorting donations and supplies
Requires at least two years of work experience in a customer service or similar position that involved interaction with the public.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Basic computer proficiency, including email, Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in Spanish is helpful
- Highly organized, creative, energetic and collaborative team player
- Confidence, sensitivity and diplomacy to interact and collaborate with varied constituents, including guests, volunteers (including members of the Board of Trustees), hospital personnel, staff, donors
- Flexibility with regards to work assignments and changing priorities
- Interest in serving children and families
High school diploma.
- Ability to meet all requirements of partner hospital – i.e. immunizations, trainings, background check, drug test, etc.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Title: Chief Development and Marketing Officer
Team: Development and Marketing (Working in partnership with Stewardship Team)
Location: RMHC / Salt Lake City, UT
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Classification: Full-time, Salaried and Exempt (40+ hours per week)
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, some evening and weekend
The Chief Development and Marketing Officer is a key member of RMHC’s team. She/he is responsible for proactive development, community outreach and mission-based marketing and communications with key constituencies to further the mission of RMHC. She/he effectively plans and manages organizational development strategies, and public relations and marketing to build on RMHC’s exemplary brand reputation of mission excellence. She/he is responsible to lead, manage and support the Development and Marketing team to maximize talent and reach/exceed team goals. She/he serves as the primary liaison with several non-governing community groups, outreach efforts and initiatives to generate support for RMHC’s mission. She/he works closely with development and program staff and volunteers to further RMHC’s mission.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Development and Community Outreach
- Develop strategic plans to engage, cultivate and steward constituents in key sectors, geographic areas and generations to further RMHC’s mission.
- Create, lead and execute effective development and community outreach plans to reach/exceed annual development goals.
- Provide inspiring leadership, management and support for the Development and Marketing team to maximize talents and reach/exceed team goals.
- Track and report success metrics for development and community engagement initiatives.
- Represent RMHC’s mission in the community and plan and host tours, attend networking events, fairs and check presentations and offer outreach presentations to recruit community members from business and civic organizations to provide direct volunteer service, join advisory groups, and/or become donors.
- Act as the lead and primary staff liaison with RMHC Development, Marketing and Outreach committees, McDonald’s Partnership Committee and non-governing advisory groups (Corporate Council, and regional advisory groups).
- Provide leadership and collaboration with volunteer leadership/committee members to establish goals, priorities and agendas to meet objectives and generate support for RMHC’s mission.
- Maintain and distribute up to date rosters and contact lists for committees, advisory groups, McDonald’s partners, Corporate Council, Red Shoe Society (and other community groups as requested).
- Provide regular communications to keep groups informed about RMHC programs, volunteer opportunities and fundraising events. Encourage group members to share opportunities with their respective personal and business contacts to introduce their contacts to the mission.
- Establish and help to achieve annual recruitment goals for Corporate Council, Red Shoe Society (and other community groups as requested).
- Coordinate satellite staff, contract personnel or auxiliary volunteers in outlying geographic areas. Assist groups in engagement opportunities and fundraisers in their communities.
- Cultivate current community service and Adopt-A-Meal groups (as identified) to share opportunities and earn support for RMHC Adopt a Room program/fundraising events.
- Proactively collaborate with Chief Stewardship Officer, Chief Programs Officer and all members of RMHC’s team to maximize opportunities to create mission impact.
- Coordinate regular community outreach and engagement huddles.
- Supervise Volunteer and Outreach Director.
Marketing and Communications
- Oversee organizational communications and public relations to build on the exemplary RMHC brand reputation of excellence, accountability and mission impact.
- Ensure that RMHC establishes and implements an effective marketing, public relations, and social media plans, tactics and strategies. Establish and monitor indicators of social media engagement and marketing success.
- Write, review and edit organizational communications to ensure accuracy and professionalism.
- Lead and coordinate annual marketing and communications strategies. Ensure that staff roles, systems of review, oversight and training are in place to ensure accuracy, spelling, grammar, etc. in printed materials, letters, invitations, social media and communications.
- Oversee the production of annual reports, marketing collateral, toolkits and appeals.
- Help to plan, support and attend RMHC sponsored-events as well as other selected activities conducted for the benefit of RMHC.
- Maintain updated media list and cultivate media contacts. Write and distribute press releases and public service announcements for broadcast.
- Serve as central point of contact for media inquiries and coordinate guest interviews with television and radio stations.
- Oversee delivery of consistent messages and proper usage of RMHC trademarks.
- Maximize direct and indirect communications and marketing through social media, newsletters, fundraising events, wish lists, volunteer opportunities, and other philanthropic efforts.
- Supervise Social Media and Marketing Specialist.
Fundraising & Events
- Lead, inspire and grow capacity of marketing and outreach team to reach/exceed fundraising, event and marketing goals.
- Build existing fundraising events and campaigns and identify new fundraising opportunities.
- Establish and execute an annual, comprehensive fundraising strategy and plan to achieve or exceed fund development goals — including measureable objectives, timelines, schedules and tactics.
- Oversee the implementation and successful execution of all special events during the course of each year, including, but not limited to: Gala and Annual Golf Tournament.
- Ensure event and fundraising budget goals and activity time lines are met.
- Serve as primary RMHC liaison for local McDonald’s owner/operators to maximize in-store fundraising and marketing opportunities such as canister collections, national RMHC promotions and local promotions.
- Actively promote and grow the Adopt-a-Room and Stock-Our-Shelves programs at the Ronald McDonald House and Ronald McDonald Family Rooms, and the Hospitality Cart programs. Cultivate existing donors and earn support of new donors for these programs.
- Recommend and implement new fundraising opportunities, partnerships, community awareness and engagement initiatives, fundraisers and service projects.
- Represent RMHC in a positive manner to help meet or exceed annual fundraising goals.
- Provide leadership, strategic vision and support of RMHC sponsored-events, external fundraising events as well as other activities conducted for the benefit of RMHC, and attend as requested.
- Supervise Event and Fundraising Manager
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that systems, coding, training and personnel roles are in place to ensure accurate data is documented in software systems and donor databases to maximize mission impact.
- Attend staff & department meetings.
- Work collaboratively and cross train with other team members. Because of limited staff size, ensure that one team member is present whenever possible during regular office hours.
- Fill in for vacations/holidays and assist development team as needed.
- Adhere at all times to RMHC’s stewardship policy and maintain strict confidentiality with privileged donor information.
- In the spirit of teamwork, interact with professionalism and collaboration to achieve goals and objectives.
- Provide team support and assistance with donor stewardship, development mailings, fundraising, annual appeals and campaigns.
- Perform administrative aspects of the position, using volunteer assistants when available.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Marketing and Outreach team including and not limited to, the Volunteer and Outreach Director, Event and Fundraising Manager, Social Media and Marketing Specialist, and related contracted or part-time positions.
- Most work is conducted in an office or house environment. Attendance at events may be indoors or outdoors, possibly in inclement weather. In conjunction with certain events, employee may be required to lift packages and stand for long periods of time. Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- 2+ years of increasing responsibility in administration of office management, nonprofit fundraising and/or special events planning and execution.
- Experience working with volunteers or teams to achieve objectives.
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Computer proficiency, including email, Microsoft Office Suite and donor database software.
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to think strategically and analytically and to problem-solve.
- Ability to work under limited supervision, both independently and as a team member.
- Flexibility with regards to work assignments and changing priorities.
- Ability to see change as an opportunity rather than an obstacle.
- Bachelor’s degree required and Master’s degree preferred.