Title: Guest Services Coordinator
Location: Ronald McDonald House/ Salt Lake City, UT & Ronald McDonald Family Room/ Salt Lake City, UT
Reports to: Guest Services Manager & Family Room Manager
Classification: Regular, full-time, non-exempt
Hours: As determined by supervisor, and will include weekend shifts
Compensation: $12.00/hour + benefits
This position assists with the daily operations at two locations: the Ronald McDonald House and Ronald McDonald Family Room at Intermountain Primary Children’s Hospital. The coordinator role is responsible for delivering exceptional guest service by overseeing front desk operations, completing daily tasks and maintaining a welcoming, clean and calm environment for families. Because this position works at two locations, flexibility and relationship building with staff members and volunteers will be crucial to the success of this role. In addition, this person will be responsible for various additional duties as assigned by the Guest Services Manager or Family Room Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist in the delivery and continuity of guest services at both locations, including but not limited to:
- Answering the telephone and directing calls and messages appropriately
- Following check-in and check-out procedures for the location
- Ensuring guidelines are followed and rules are enforced as needed
- Communicating with hospital social workers regarding family referrals and room availability as needed
- Providing tours to guests, donors and volunteer groups
- Assigning guest rooms in database
- Monitoring kitchen area; cleaning, making coffee, restocking kitchen, organizing food donations
- Complete and file paperwork appropriately
- Handle guest communications, including available event tickets and meals
- Obtain accurate and complete information regarding donations received and donor names, address, etc.
Participating in inventory counts and controls
- Enter guest information in Family Registry and maintain hard copies of guest files (Ronald McDonald House)
- Obtain accurate pre-registration info from social workers at the hospital and guest registration upon arrival (Ronald McDonald Family Room)
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare a daily summary of shift activities for the Guest Services Manager/Family Room Manager, particularly noting any incidents involving police or emergency medical assistance
- Attend department staff meetings, which are held during normal working hours
- Integral role in providing assistance and coverage during holidays, vacations, etc.
- As a programs team member, he/she will cross train with other team members
- Assist with group service volunteers, Eagle Scouts, meal groups and community service workers
- Assist with the organization of storage closets and sorting donations and supplies
Requires at least two years of work experience in a customer service or similar position that involved interaction with the public.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Basic computer proficiency, including email, Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in Spanish is helpful
- Highly organized, creative, energetic and collaborative team player
- Confidence, sensitivity and diplomacy to interact and collaborate with varied constituents, including guests, volunteers (including members of the Board of Trustees), hospital personnel, staff, donors
- Flexibility with regards to work assignments and changing priorities
- Interest in serving children and families
High school diploma.
- Ability to meet all requirements of partner hospital – i.e. immunizations, trainings, background check, drug test, etc.
Please send resume to email@example.com.