Guest Services Coordinator – Family Room, Part Time
THE POSITION: The Guest Services Coordinator is a member of the Guest Services team and assists in all aspects of daily operation of the Ronald McDonald Family Room (Family Room) in Primary Children’s Hospital. She/he is responsible for delivering exceptional guest services, overseeing the front desk, maintaining safety and security, and the cleanliness and order of the Family Room. This person is responsible for various additional duties as assigned by the Family Room Manager.
Schedule: 12 hours per week; Two 6 hour shifts on Saturday and Sunday or one 12 hour shift on Sunday, negotiable
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist in the delivery and continuity of guest services, including but not limited to:
- Answering telephone and directing calls and messages appropriately
- Welcoming visitors and guests
- Checking guests in and out of the retreat rooms
- Ensuring that Family Room guidelines are followed and rules are enforced as needed
- Communicating with hospital social workers regarding family referrals and room availability as needed
- Giving Family Room tours to guests and various visiting groups
- Completing and filing forms as needed to ensure that the family room functions correctly and shift changes go smoothly
- Obtaining accurate and complete information regarding donations received and donor names, address, etc.
- Sharing guest activities and opportunities, including available event tickets and meals
- Monitoring Family Room security; hourly walk-through and secure Family Room at the end of the shift
- Keeping common areas, including kitchen, clean at all times
- Maintaining established operating policies, practices and protocols in Ronald McDonald Family Room
- Obtain accurate pre-registration information from social workers at the hospital and guest registration
- Logging visitor and guest notes and issues in databases and notifying Family Room Manager/Hospital Programs Director as needed
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend department staff meetings
- Develop competency with emergency preparedness and evacuation procedures
- Assist with other related duties as requested
- Fill in for vacations and/or holidays, as needed
- As a programs team member, he or she will cross train with other team members; one team member should be present during regular office hours
- Assist with group service volunteers, Eagle Scouts, meal groups and community service workers
Requires at least two years of work experience in a customer service or similar position that involved interaction with the public; experience in a residential setting is preferred.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Basic computer proficiency, including email, Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Interest in basic building maintenance preferred with a do-it-yourself aptitude
- Fluency in Spanish is strongly preferred
- Highly organized, creative, energetic and collaborative team player
- Confidence, sensitivity and diplomacy to interact and collaborate with varied constituents, including guests, volunteers, hospital personnel, staff, donors
- Flexibility with regard to work assignments and changing priorities
High school diploma.
Ronald McDonald House Charities is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse workplace.
Requirements Specific to Primary Children’s Hospital:
Attend Primary Children’s Hospital Volunteer Orientation and fulfill requirements which include drug test, immunization records, background check and completion of online education modules.
Please send resume to email@example.com.