Title: Hospitality Manager
Location: RMHC House I / Salt Lake City, UT
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
Classification: Regular Hourly, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Compensation: Pay Grade 120 ($14.90-$23.10 per hour/ $30,992-$48,048 annual)
THE POSITION: The Hospitality Manager is a key member of the RMHC program team responsible for initiating and coordinating efforts to provide exceptional and meaningful resources, activities and support services for guest families at the Ronald McDonald House and Ronald McDonald Family Rooms. She/he coordinates with staff, engages community volunteers, and communicates with guests to create extraordinary guest experiences, achieve strategic initiatives and reach organizational goals.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive Guest-centered Hospitality plan to grow and enhance the Ronald McDonald House and Family Room(s) programs with practical resources and programming, that help provide a supportive, healing, joyful and meaningful guest experience.
- Manage concierge services for guest families at the Ronald McDonald House and serve as the resource center for local area information.
- Plan and coordinate a schedule of programming for the House and Family Room(s) such as, but not limited to, wellness activities, movie nights, children’s activities, parent activities, events, parties etc.
- Proactively seek out, secure, and steward nonprofit partnerships and in-kind donations for tickets and passes to local attractions and events for guest families.
- Proactively seek community partnerships to offer regular off and onsite guest activities, including but not limited to field trips, classes, or support groups.
- Coordinate guest birthday parties, special visits and activities at the House.
- Take regular/frequent photographs of families and children at the Ronald McDonald House and Ronald McDonald Family Rooms as well as photos of dinner groups, volunteer groups, activities, etc. Make sure appropriate releases are obtained. Download and label photos in common drive. Obtain and share mission moment photos directly through social media platforms and with Development Team.
- Coordinate with the Volunteer Director to recruit volunteers and service groups to host guest activities and provide hospitality support. Actively seek out, identify and recruit new volunteers to provide meaningful, supportive and educational classes and activities at the Ronald McDonald House and Family Rooms for guest families.
- Coordinate wish lists and organization of supplies to offer comfort, care, hospitality and quality programming with special attention to the Magic and Inspiration Rooms.
- Manage, track, and report annual funds for D.I. Vouchers used by guests. Coordinate renewal of grant with Development Team.
- Track and report monthly and annual Hospitality data to Chief Programs Officer and Program Management Team.
- Coordinate with the Family Room Manager to plan and execute meaningful experiences for guest families through the Honorary Grandparent Fund. Duties will include coordinating with community partners and guest families, collecting and keeping a history of photos, and reporting data back to Chief Programs Officer.
House Therapy Dog – Ollie:
- Coordinate with Dog Team to facilitate Ollie’s visits with guests
- Manage the Ollie Pawsitivity Pack, including recruiting and communicating with members, planning and executing monthly events, sending out the monthly newsletter, and representing the Pawsitivity Pack at external events.
- Take regular/frequent photographs of Ollie in order to manage his various social media outlets
- Regularly post recent and mission relevant photos of Ollie to his various social media outlets
- Develop and execute eco-friendly and electronic ways to communicate Hospitality activities and events, sign-ups (shuttle, activities), emergency alerts to House guests/staff
- Manage guest communication through the RMHC app with regular announcements of Adopt a Meals and activities
Home for the Holidays:
- Build and grow a specific Home for the Holidays program calendar of holiday activities and events.
- Coordinate RMHC’s annual Home for the Holidays program for our guest families to include inventory & storage of items, wrapping, scheduling volunteers and gift distribution.
- Create a special wish list for Home for the Holidays gifts and gift card donation needs through coordination with Development Team.
- Assist Development team in marketing and communication efforts to promote the Home for the Holidays program.
- Create an inviting, uplifting holiday atmosphere. Coordinate with Volunteer & Outreach Director to schedule volunteers to decorate all areas of the House.
Holidays and Activities:
- Build and grow a monthly calendar of holiday activities and events for House and Family Room(s) throughout the year to recognize and celebrate together.
- Create programming for holidays to be executed by Hospitality Manager directly or by volunteers
- Create guest activity suggestion box and create programming based on guest interest and demand to be coordinated by both staff (Hospitality Manager) and outside volunteers and volunteer groups
- Create an inviting, uplifting holiday atmosphere. Coordinate with Volunteer & Outreach Director to schedule volunteers to decorate all areas of the House during the various holiday season(s).
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide guest services as needed in coordination with Chief Program Officer.
- Fill in for vacations and/or holidays, as needed.
- Drive shuttle, as needed.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Perform duties outside of normal responsibilities, as needed.
- Cross train with other team members
- All other duties as required.
- Most work is conducted in an office or House environment. Attendance at events may be indoors or outdoors, possibly in inclement weather. In conjunction with certain events, employee may be required to lift packages and stand for long periods of time. Must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a personal motor vehicle. Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- 3+ years of increasing responsibility in volunteer recruitment & management.
- Experience working with volunteers and teams to achieve objectives.
- Proven leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Outgoing, friendly, people-person, comfortable interacting with adults and children.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work evenings or weekends when needed.
- Computer proficiency, including email, Microsoft Office Suite and database software.
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain deadlines, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically and analytically and to problem-solve.
- Ability to work under limited supervision, both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to lead and motivate teams.
- Flexibility with regards to work assignments and changing priorities.
- Ability to see change as an opportunity rather than an obstacle.
Education and Other Requirements:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent required.
- Ability to meet all requirements of partner hospital – i.e. immunizations, trainings, background check, drug test, etc.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.