Ronald McDonald House
Our Ronald McDonald House is located within minutes of the world-class pediatric hospital programs in Salt Lake City that serve the Intermountain Area and beyond.
Families who are being treated at our local hospitals, can find a home-away-from-home that includes free, comfortable lodging, transportation to and from the hospitals with our shuttle service, individually packaged meals and snacks, access to our beautiful backyard park, and tickets to community attractions and events as available.
The criteria for eligibility is below and if you have any questions, you can call the Ronald McDonald House directly at 801-363-4663.
Current Eligibility Requirements
- Distance: Must live more than 60 miles away from the referring hospital
- Vaccinations: We strongly encourage all eligible guest family members to receive the MMR, seasonal flu, and Covid-19 vaccines. In order to ensure safe programming for patient families, RMHC reserves the right to update infectious disease and Covid-19 protocols and policies as needed, based on community risk level, spread, and positivity rates.
- COVID Testing: For the safety of our guest families, RMHC requires all guests to participate in no-cost COVID testing at check in. (Exceptions are guests under 5 years old, or with feeding tubes.)
- Background Check Clearance: All adult guests must successfully pass a criminal background check at check in. Guests will be unable to stay at RMHC if the individual:
—has been convicted of a violent crime or crime against a child
—has been convicted of a felony within the last 5 years
—is currently on probation/currently being investigated for any crime
—are involved in an open DCFS/CPS investigation
—are currently using illegal substances or prescription drugs not prescribed to them, or currently in a treatment program for drug or alcohol addiction
A Hospital Referral is needed for every stay and can be arranged through your hospital’s social worker. If you do not know the specific social worker in your unit, you may call the numbers below for assistance:
- Primary Children’s Hospital (PCH) – 801-662-6559 (Family Support Services)
- Primary Children’s Hospital (PCH) – 801-662-1000 (main)
- University Hospital (UUMC) – 801-581-2121
- Shriner’s Hospital (SH) – 801-536-3500
- LDS Hospital (LDS) – 801-408-1100
- Moran Eye Center – 801-581-2352
- Intermountain Medical Center – 801-507-7000
- Huntsman Mental Health Institute – 801-583-2500
Please note, we are unable to guarantee a room more than 48 hours in advance
Once room availability has been confirmed, the following items must be provided:
- Photo ID for all guests 18 years and older.
- Signed Guidelines, Rules and Guest Agreement stating that you understand and agree to follow House Guidelines for all guests 18 and older. This includes our Infectious Disease Prevention and Control Policy, which states that anyone with an infectious disease, or who recently has been exposed to an infectious disease, must be denied admittance to a Ronald McDonald House. All House guests, staff, volunteers and visitors must be compliant with this policy for the well-being of all of our guests. Anyone with convictions, pending cases or investigations regarding child abuse, neglect, domestic violence or other violent crimes or felonies will not be admitted. You may print and sign guidelines from this website before arrival to shorten check-in time.
Additional items that may be required: Vaccination card (required) and any documents related to specific individual circumstances.
RMHC Main Desk: 801-363-4663
Fax Number: 801-363-0092
Address: 935 E. South Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84102